Tuesday 20 August 2013

The art of remembering

Have you ever felt like you have failed and let God down and you can't see how you can ever live the life He meant for you again?

I've often been praised or complimented on my unshakable faith in God but this year I learned that even my faith is shakeable and there was a time when I began to doubt whether God was really going to come through for us and make a way where there was no way.

Then I knew I'd really blown it. Even if He was going to come through for us He wouldn't now I'd doubted Him! I'd failed a test of faith and I saw myself relegated to a second-rate life of the ordinary and mundane without any of the extraordinary of God that I had come to expect.

What got me back on track?

The art of remembering.

It sounds so simple but I thought back to the many, many occasions I have seen God miraculously guide me, provide for me, love me and speak to my heart. How He changed my heart to prepare me for the most incredible husband. How he called me to live a life devoted to Him and the ways in which I've been used to be a part of others lives - many of these I'll never know but many I am privileged to know and see.

God began something in me and He never starts something that he doesn't finish. (Philippians 1:6). If God bothered to begin something, if He spent so much love and energy on me back then - surely He wasn't going to let that all go to waste and give up on me now? Definitely not.

The truth of 2 Timothy 2:13 really is incredible!
"If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself."

So think back - how much has God invested in you? How many times has he answered a prayer, spoke to you from the scriptures or encouraged you through a friend?

Remember. Make a list in your mind. And remember an awesome truth I recently learned form some very dear Christian mentors: "A Christian never fails a test; the just get tested again and again till they pass."

No comments:

Post a Comment